Bohemia Bunnie

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Join me on the Dark Side

The Star Wars M&Ms are here! Get them from any retailer that stocks normal M&Ms! I got mine from the 7-11 outside hall (the same infamous one that stocks vibrating condoms) while buying supplies for lunch. I am so happy! I have been waiting since last week for them. In fact I went on a quest for them last weekend, and here they are right in my backyard!

For the uninformed, M&M has come out with a new dark chocolate variant, and tied up with Star Wars Episode III to promote it. The candy colours are so cool, the dark chocolate "Darth Mix" comes in purple, black (!) and silver (!!) while the milk chocolate "Jedi Mix" comes in slightly more sissified colours like khaki, pastel green and light blue. Well... the movie is "Revenge of the Sith" so I suppose the Dark Side gets a better deal this time around.

And because this is a photoblog, there are pictures of the wrappers! Why? Because I'm a geeky fangirl, that's why! And because there are many different designs to be had, but I only bought 4 (one of each variant). Anyone wants to start a new craze and post up pictures of YOUR M&M wrappers too? Actually the entire range is available to view online at the website. But I just like being frivolous.

Darth Grievous
"I'm part peanut, part machine and all dark inside." Dark Choc Peanut #21

Darth Sidious
"I have a bad feeling about this!" Dark Choc #14

C3PO and R2D2
"Oh no! We'll be eaten for sure!" Milk Choc Peanut #8

Mace Windu
"We're bald, and we're bad." Milk Choc #6

I like the Mace Windu one best, cos he's cool. The one with Darth Grievous is pretty cool too. I don't have a Padme one, or an Anakin one. Time for another quest!

By the way, does anyone else think the Darths have lame names? Tyranus, Sidious and Grievous. Kinda like "let's pick Latin-sounding names with negative connotations!" Vader's the best, man. At least he has a decently villainous name.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home